Sunday, May 30, 2010

Guess who came to dinner?



Since I have to stay on my own side of the barricade until I perk up and eat better on my own, Tortellini hitched a ride over to my side of the yard to remind me to get busy. Boy, she can make hibiscus, cordia and desert willow flowers plus romaine disappear in a hurry! Chomp, chomp, chomp! So I perked right up and started eating too, although my manners are far more delicate than hers.

Then Tortellini prowled the barricade wanting to go back to the main attraction, our old burrow. But it's hot and they decided I need some company so she ended up being my roommate in the new burrow instead. She did her bulldozer thing and suddenly dirt was flying out the doorway as she dug out a cool spot for herself. She is one busy gal! Then she snuggled right down in the best corner, farthest from the doorway. So I have a roommate in the new burrow now. As roommates go, Tortellini is about the best. I'll bet she wakes me up and gets me moving tomorrow morning. I think the lazy days of rehab are now officially over with Tortellini as my new therapist. Eat. Dig. Walk. Prowl the barricade. Oh a tortoise's work is never done!

No comments: