Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day Nine

Like I said, I did eat a lot the first few days and was pretty active. I even gained 66 grams so I weigh 3100 now. That's pretty light for me still so I need to eat a lot of protein-rich foods to gain weight and build muscle. So I keep finding a salad bar wherever I go.



Even though they keep dragging me out to try to interest me in food, I'm a mid-morning tortoise, and just not interested when it's closer to my bedtime. You know what they say about early to bed and fairly early to rise, makes a tortoise healthy and able to go mano a mano (really, gular horn to gular horn) with Tortellini.

Maybe they'll finish landscaping my burrow soon. I do like my new reed awning for extra privacy. The lizards are always a little surprised when they see me tucked in behind the doorway. You can almost see them putting on the brakes before they scurry away. My work is done. It's good to be outside but it will be better when that barricade comes down.

No comments: