Saturday, June 21, 2014

Celebrating 49!


The birthday surprise was on my Tortoise Dad when he discovered I had switched burrows early this morning instead of waiting for him to feed me like usual. I was out and about on my own, looking for little leaf cordia flowers and anxious to get the party started. Sure enough, I got not only my favorite birthday salad (Mazuri tortoise diet, spring greens, timothy hay, grass, globemallow leaves) but it had Booster and pretty pink desert willow flowers on top. Mmmmm, delicious!!

But the first thing I wanted was to enjoy my own personal tortoise fountain, which I happily did, because it's so hot now and steroid injections make me extra thirsty. I would do a Happy Dance when the drip irrigation system turns on every morning if I wasn't so busy gulping water and enjoying the soothing spray washing out my eyes. So relaxing. But it was even more special this morning because my Tortoise Mom sang to me. I always listen and tilt my head when I hear her voice. 


So I drank, ate, peed, ate some more and then enjoyed a nice cool soaking before going back ln my favorite burrow to stay comfortable on this very hot day. I had a really nice birthday celebration today, and I hear my special friend Terry is coming to visit me tomorrow. We met 20 years ago and he has always been so very good to me. 

I am one lucky tortoise and really appreciate being able to celebrate so many birthdays. Even though I have so many health needs, I'm still happy being me! Sobreviviente (Spanish for living above survival)! 

No comments: