Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shell Game



Check out this seam!! Since I got my resin patch removed this week, I've been getting daily treatments with Betadine on the 1-2mm gaps in my shell that are still healing. I don't mind as long as my tortoise mom "paints" it on really fast, but my patience can wear thin in a hurry, if you know what I mean. But I know it's important to keep the healing area completely sanitary for another week since it doesn't have a protective patch on it anymore.

Can you believe the size of this seam? It's a good thing Dr. Johnson knows exactly what he's doing with a scalpel, er, chainsaw, er--what does he use on a tortoise shell? I'll have to find out.

And who knew a tortoise shell could heal like this? Since I couldn't be outdoors in the sun, it's a good thing I had 12 hours of my UV light every day in my pen to maintain Vitamin D3 for shell formation. I am one lucky tortoise to have survived all this!

No comments: