Thursday, December 31, 2009

Feeding tube stitches broke, again!




Since these photos were taken this afternoon, I have yet more tape, forming an X over my tube at the very front of my shell. The tube is marked with a Sharpie so it's easy to see if it isn't staying in place. So far, so good. I'm very active now so the tube is taped so my leg doesn't catch it when I dig and climb in my pen.

This was quite a surprise as I had a good visit with Dr. Johnson yesterday when he removed my resin patch and pronounced my shell healed enough to do without a replacement patch. Hip Hip Hooray! But somehow I tore out my stitches as we discovered as soon as I came home from the hospital this afternoon. Boo Hoo! I'm really bummed about needing more anesthetic and more stitches. But I haven't gained weight so I know I need my feeding tube for a while longer. Maybe all my energy has been going toward healing my shell?

No comments: