Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Holy Guacamole!



I'm feeling much better since I got to drink rainwater the last few days, enough to add nearly 100 grams to my weight. Yay! And I've been having my new special breakfast in my blue pan that sits near the kitchen table so I can take my time eating and get help with finding my food. The latest thing is eating the Mazuri pellets soaked a bit to make a sort of dip that's spread over shredded kale with a few shreds of carrot for color. It's a tortoise version of chips and guacamole, with the kale acting like chips for the Mazuri dip. Pretty good!

Of course I end up wearing a lot of it so get hosed off back outside along with the blue plan when I signal that I'm finally through eating, but that's not a bad thing either.



Yesterday it was still stormy all day, but no more real rain. Still I felt well enough to march around the yard hoping for some, a big improvement for me. I feel a lot better in the last few days. Eating better helps, plus drinking actual rainwater (Perrier for tortoises), and the temperature has dropped 20-30 degrees with the storms. Whew!! A little relief from the extreme heat sure makes a big difference too.

I sure am grateful that my Tortoise Mom and Dad are taking extra care in feeding me what I can eat better in a way that's easier for me too. Coming indoors means no competing with Tortellini who is definitely a fast eater. With eating in my blue pan, I can find my food easier as it doesn't sink down into the grass where I can't find it. You might call it "The Blue Pan Special." (Tortoise grin...)

No comments: