Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today is my birthday!



I know a lady doesn't usually tell her age, but I'm very proud of turning 46 today. It's the same as 46 in human years, so that means I'm in the prime of my life! And I'm delighted to share my birthday with a very special girl who likes to peek into the burrow and take photos. Maybe she'll grow up to be an exotic animal vet like Dr. Johnson?!

I didn't exactly get my birthday wish. Dr. Johnson called last night and said my blood test results had improved in some areas but the White Blood Cell count and lymphocyte levels indicate inflammation. Not the best news. And if I keep losing weight, I'll have to get some invasive tests (endoscopy on the abdomen) at the beginning of August. I don't like the sound of that one bit. Meanwhile I still have to get weighed and soaked weekly, so it's obvious I'm still on the rehab list.

You know, I've been through a lot and my health has improved so much since the surgery -- good looking scales, alert eyes, pink tongue, green beak -- but I guess I have a way to go still. This sure has been a long recovery.



We're going to celebrate my birthday later as I didn't want to come out of the old burrow today. I scooted in there and decided to stay a few days as it was 109 degrees today and will be 114 or more tomorrow. Excessive heat warning = Hunker Down! So Tortellini and I are snoozing in the deepest, coolest, darkest part of the old burrow trying to stay cool. It's too hot to eat, which might explain why I'm losing weight. Or it could be that unexplained inflammation. Anyway, I'll come out again when it's even a few degrees cooler. I hear there's a birthday salad with my name on it.

No comments: