Monday, June 13, 2011

Playing Musical Burrows

I'm playing a game with my tortoise mom and dad. When they see me heading for the old burrow after eating, they put me in the new burrow. I humor them by staying in there a while, sometimes overnight, but then I skip out and go back to the old burrow. Once I'm in the old burrow, good luck on getting me out. Meanwhile, I've turned the tables and I'm giving my tortoise parents lots of exercise. Oh this just delights me!



But in the middle of this elaborate musical burrows game, I'm eating. Since Friday I've gained 87 grams! So I'm up to 3456 grams as of this morning. And I was very cooperative about soaking in my little blue pan too. I did my 30 minutes with no complaints, and then I ate some new globemallow leaves on my way back to the old burrow. But my tortoise mom snatched me from the entrance and put me in the new burrow in hopes that I'd come back out to eat this evening. Which I did. But, like I said, I went back to the old burrow. Then tortoise dad mowed the lawn and then put me back in the new burrow, which is where I am right now. Oh the madcap life I lead!

I'm feeling better all the time. Grass tastes good and so does the globemallow. I haven't been well enough to eat these things since long before the surgery for my bladder stone (September 2009). The weather is heating up and that revs up my metabolism too. I am getting better and better! I sure hope Dr. Johnson thinks so too. I have to see him for a check-up this Saturday. You know what that means: Road Trip! I like my travel box and I don't mind riding in the car one bit. I wonder... if they put it in the new burrow, would I work so hard to go back to the old burrow? I don't know. My tortoise GPS says the old burrow is home. And you know what they say about that: There's just no place like it.

No comments: