Saturday, May 8, 2010

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!



Does this hibiscus flower disguise my rehab look? I'm pretty tired of stitches in my neck and stretchy cloth tape wrapped around my front leg so my scales won't catch on the tube. After 7.5 months, it looks pretty ratty and makes my leg look like a mummy.

There's also tape on my shell to hold the feeding tube in place. Except the tape won't stick to my shell anymore so they keep trying different spots on my shell. This means I could easily be a walking sticky note now. Wonder how that glue will come off the ridges of my shell? A gal always wants to look her best.

Just think, when my feeding tube comes out, my neck can heal and I won't be wearing tape anymore either. Maybe I'll get a spa day to clean my shell and spruce up my scales? I have shed a few on my other front leg for some reason. My tortoise mom found one stuck to the bottom of her sock the other day. That was some trick: spontaneous scale ejection.

No comments: