Friday, November 20, 2009

Urates R Us!

I've had quite a week. The temperature dropped and I thought about hibernating so they cranked up the infrared light for overnight heat. Suddenly it's June 21 again.

Then I got a new batch of Oxbow Critical Care, which is really powdered hay and vitamins mixed up for my feeding tube. But this batch just isn't the same and I haven't been as sweet or interested in anything, including my favorite lettuce and cartoons. So they're making a switch tonight. Yay!

But the big thing I did was "express my bladder" on Wednesday. It's something I should have been doing to flush out the urates so I wouldn't have a bladder stone. But six weeks after the surgery, let's just say I outdid myself. My tortoise mom e-mailed a photo of the urates in question to Dr. Johnson to ask if this was normal or of any concern. He assured her that I was just doing my tortoise business in thorough fashion. You'll notice that there's no photo and I think the towel I "expressed myself" on is still out in the back yard. Evidently no one knew I could be so expressive as it caused quite a stir. But I plan to do more of that so I won't ever need surgery for a bladder stone again!

No comments: