Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Let's Get Physical (Therapy)

To get my hind legs moving again after surgery and hauling around that bladder stone for so long, I had physical therapy twice a day for 10 days. See, I told you I've been very busy! I thought this was pretty cool for about a week but as I started feeling better, I decided to assert my independence. Before that, my hind legs were pretty limp and I could only lurch around my tub. But once I got some of my strength back, look out! I can pull my legs in tight and then push them out hard to break free. And when I've had enough, that's IT! But now I get to do more fun things for exercise, like doing laps in the kitchen. Of course I always remember to "set my core" and "move as a unit."

Here's a short video of the Range of Motion therapy on my hind legs. I do have to wonder: Does this make my butt look big?



It's a very good thing that PT helped me so much because I don't know how Dr. QiLing Lu would have given me acupuncture instead. I'm not sure I would sit still for all those baby fine needles but I would like her heat lamp and Chinese music. Since I'm better now, I guess we'll just never know.

Here's another video of PT, but from the tortoise-eye view. You can see why it can get boring so that's why I started listening to the tv so I could be a more patient patient.

No comments: